Google+

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Birthday Vintage Afternoon Tea

I was also lucky enough to have a wonderful vintage tea party theme birthday party with my family. My mum was very kind and made a fabulous set in her dining room. She brought out her fine dining set, my nan brought up her's and my aunt brought her's too! I also received a gorgeous antique set from my grandparents for my birthday and the coffee pot can be just about seen in the picture below just left of the cake.
The cake in the middle is my pride and joy! It's bespoke to my own personal design, which I designed 5 months ago! I was so happy with the way it turned out. It's got lilies in the top left hand corner made out of sugar icing and going round the right edge are icing butterflies. She made them look like Adonis Blues because they are my favourite type of butterfly.

iPhone cover - Ted Baker
Blazer - New Look
Dress - ASOS
Belt - ASOS
Heels - New Look

For the occasion, I wore this gorgeous ASOS lace bandeau skater dress with matching ASOS pink, metal studded belt. I completed the look with a my New Look casual blazer and stilettos for a cute chic look. I absolutely love this dress!! It's so cute and personally, I think it's actually even better than pictured on their website! It fitted really comfortably so I was able to wear it easily all day, though I found it was too snug around the top to wear a bra, thankfully it's padded enough not to need one anyway.

iPhone cover - Ted Baker
Blazer - New Look
Dress - ASOS
Belt - ASOS
Heels - New Look

Another plus with the dress is that even with a belt, it's shaped perfectly if you're wearing it for going to big meals. There's plenty of room for that expanding 'food baby'! Whilst concealing it VERY well too; again adding to the comfort.

Here's my polyvore design for my plan for the outfit! As seen in one of my previous blog posts. I think it turned out really well!

Structured Lace Bandeau Skater Dress

ASOS floral dress
£18 - asos.com
Givenchy black eyeliner
£14 - barneys.com


What's your favourite outfit for a family meal?

Do you love vintage tea parties and afternoon tea?

Check out tomorrow's post on my birthday, girl's night with my uni besties

xoxo


1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on my post. I really enjoy reading them and always reply! Do not forget to link back to your blog, I love reading them and following xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...