Google+

Friday 5 September 2014

Dream Day Style Challenge with Lover.ly

All girls dream about their future wedding day and I am no exception! I love doodling dress designs, looking through wedding magazines/websites and daydreaming of my big day, I even worked in a bridal boutique! At my age and being with my boyfriend 3 years now, it's all becoming far more real and these dreams are finally becoming a bit more of a reality; so when I was asked to join in Lover.ly's Style Challenge, I couldn't resist!


I've always dreamed of a huge white wedding in a church because I'm very religious but my boyfriend isn't, he'd love an intimate wedding on a beach somewhere tropical, which I must admit does sound amazing too. So this is dedicated to him, I've spent my whole life designing for a church so I've put together a fabulous beach affair outfit.


Instead of a big, traditional white dress, I would wanted one that was sleek and very long. It would have to be strapless (by boyfriend loves my shoulders ;)!), with a sweetheart neckline to give me more shape as I'm so flat chested and flowing fabric so it can dance gracefully in the wind. Most of all it must appear sleek and simple but have intimate, delicate detail such as lace or jewels.

From Love.ly's site, I found this gorgeous dress, Jasmine from Monique Lhuillier, which I really think fitted my ideal requirements. I adore the sweetheart sheath and delicate beading overlay! The silk white detachable embellished tulle watteau train adds dreamy extra volume without losing the sleek silhouette. I would be ordering a fitting in this dress in a heart beat if I was engaged already. It's truly a fairy tale dress.

I coupled this with a delicate vintage pearl bracelet and necklace because I wouldn't want the the jewellery to detract from the dress, as well as ornately decorated pearl drop earrings and (of course!) a huge diamond ring. Being on a beach, heels probably wouldn't be the best idea, but I thought these delicate feet decorations were a fabulous alternative. Soft flowers on lace wrapped around your feet make a comfortable and gorgeous accessory...just make sure there are no jewels otherwise this will catch on the dress. I would also have a small pearly bouquet of flowers with white shells,  not too big or brightly coloured to be distracting from the dress. Finally, for my hair I would wear it down, with possibly a little pinned back each side, in curls or beach waves, with have a garland of flowers like a tiara to hold the vale and have tiny flowers woven in to my hair too.

It really does seem an absolute dream! I must admit, I really do love love.
What's your dream wedding and how would you style your dress?

xoxo

If you want to start planning your dream wedding and are looking for some inspiration, be sure to check out Lover.ly's page here: http://lover.ly/shop/dresses/bride They're selection is AMAZING! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on my post. I really enjoy reading them and always reply! Do not forget to link back to your blog, I love reading them and following xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...