Google+

Thursday 20 February 2014

OOTD - Interview

So finally able to blog again! Got so much catching up to do! I have loads of posts planned. 
First off, yesterday I had an interview about my dissertation and thought I'd show you what I chose to wear. It's so important to make a good first impression! I wanted to be dressed smartly to show that I mean business. What I want to do is very challenging and will require a lot of extra and hard work, I wanted to show from the outset that I am conscientious. But, this is after all a university, they don't expect you to be wearing your best business dress and heels like you would do for a job interview so it needs to be on the more casual side of 'smart casual'.

Shirt - Jack Wills
Under-top - M&S
Skinny Jeans - River Island
Ankle Boots - M&S

I decided to go with this, my favourite Jack Wills shirt (with M&S under-top so as to not be too revealing or require studious shirt buttoning), River Island skinny jeans and my casual ankle boots.
I coupled this with a long black coat, H&M scarf and of course my Accessorize bag and Ted Baker iPad case. 

For my hair, as you can just about see, I wore it down in its natural loose curls/waves. It was horrid weather outside so there was little point in spending ages on it for it to get ruined and this way any rain on it would only add to the style rather than kill it. I wore simple make-up too, trying to keep it as natural as possible. I wore just a peach/gold lipstick to give my lips a natural glow and a simple liquid eyeliner on my top lid with mascara on my eyes. Enough to be pretty and presentable without being over the top.

All this made me feel confident and ready to take on the interview, which in the end, went really well.

What's your interview style?

xoxo

Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestBloglovin', PolyvoreLookbook and We Heart It!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on my post. I really enjoy reading them and always reply! Do not forget to link back to your blog, I love reading them and following xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...